[Rubyinstaller-devel] [Rev-talk] latest on windows mingw...

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 09:46:27 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would fork and do pull requests but have yet to figure out how to
>> get mingw git to use private keys...
>
> K got a fork to work, but...now the second I check it out and do git
> status it shows
>

> C:\dev\rubyinstaller_my_fork>git status
>
> C:\dev\rubyinstaller_my_fork>"c:\Program Files\Git_here"\bin\git      status
> # On branch master
> # Changed but not updated:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #
> #       modified:   resources/installer/devkit.wxi
> #       modified:   resources/installer/mingw.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/installer/msys.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/installer/msys_stubs.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/installer/ruby_bin.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/installer/ruby_lib.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/installer/rubygems_bin.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/installer/rubygems_lib.wxs
> #       modified:   resources/msys_stubs/bin/gcc.bat
> #       modified:   resources/msys_stubs/bin/make.bat
> #       modified:   resources/msys_stubs/bin/sh.bat
>
> I think maybe it's tweaking the line endings on their way in.
>
> Will that be a problem? Can I avoid that?
> Thanks for your help with this.

OMG, another victim of autocrlf!

please, in your .gitconfig file for your user set:

[core]
  autocrlf = false

And do the clone again. the msysGit guys thinks is cool do that magic
trick in the background, but is not.

> In other news sometimes I have the weird "csrss+irb using 100% cpu
> even on a computer with no virus scanner--but currently only with
> 1.8.6 and not with 1.9. Odd.

That's odd, never got that, and even I'm suing NOD32. Maybe there are
other roots for that issue that we must investigate. I'll bet is
related to readline, but who knows :-P