[Rubyinstaller-devel] [Rev-talk] latest on windows mingw...

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 02:45:42 EST 2008

> I would fork and do pull requests but have yet to figure out how to
> get mingw git to use private keys...

K got a fork to work, but...now the second I check it out and do git
status it shows

C:\dev\rubyinstaller_my_fork>git status

C:\dev\rubyinstaller_my_fork>"c:\Program Files\Git_here"\bin\git      status
# On branch master
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#
#       modified:   resources/installer/devkit.wxi
#       modified:   resources/installer/mingw.wxs
#       modified:   resources/installer/msys.wxs
#       modified:   resources/installer/msys_stubs.wxs
#       modified:   resources/installer/ruby_bin.wxs
#       modified:   resources/installer/ruby_lib.wxs
#       modified:   resources/installer/rubygems_bin.wxs
#       modified:   resources/installer/rubygems_lib.wxs
#       modified:   resources/msys_stubs/bin/gcc.bat
#       modified:   resources/msys_stubs/bin/make.bat
#       modified:   resources/msys_stubs/bin/sh.bat

I think maybe it's tweaking the line endings on their way in.

Will that be a problem? Can I avoid that?
Thanks for your help with this.

In other news sometimes I have the weird "csrss+irb using 100% cpu
even on a computer with no virus scanner--but currently only with
1.8.6 and not with 1.9. Odd.
-=R