[Rubyinstaller-devel] RC 1 thought

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:20:24 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Roger Pack
<roger.pack at leadmediapartners.com> wrote:
>> No rdoc and no ri for it, CHM files all the way ;-)
> That's intense :)

yup, thanks Gordon for working on these tasks.

>> http://gist.github.com/21857
>> Right after, jumping to make this other "snip" a reality:
>> http://gist.github.com/19707
> Kool.  Add a section for dependencies and maybe we'll have a sweet
> mingwport install system :)

the dependencies will only resolve to other packages defined inside

*I* don't want to conquer the world.

> I have noticed that mingw is pretty popular for cross-platform
> compiles--vlc uses it, git uses it...it seems to not be all that bad,
> so the move to mingw might have been a good choice :) [of course, I
> just use it for the speed :) ]

Yup, is not only speed, but nified build and compilation process.

Btw, I'm pretty much slowed rubyinstaller development due rake-compiler:
(no docs yet, shame on me).

The goal is add native packaging and later cross platform building
using mingw32.

> re: install difficulties--let me know when a new version goes up or
> maybe you could create a temporary branch with the necessary patches?

Cool, planned a hacking session with a colleague this sunday for
One-Click, keep you posted.