[Rubyinstaller-devel] RC 1 thought

Roger Pack roger.pack at leadmediapartners.com
Wed Nov 5 18:06:46 EST 2008

> No rdoc and no ri for it, CHM files all the way ;-)
That's intense :)

> http://gist.github.com/21857
> Right after, jumping to make this other "snip" a reality:
> http://gist.github.com/19707

Kool.  Add a section for dependencies and maybe we'll have a sweet
mingwport install system :)

I have noticed that mingw is pretty popular for cross-platform
compiles--vlc uses it, git uses it...it seems to not be all that bad,
so the move to mingw might have been a good choice :) [of course, I
just use it for the speed :) ]

re: install difficulties--let me know when a new version goes up or
maybe you could create a temporary branch with the necessary patches?