[Rubyinstaller-devel] There is no go for Alternate Iconv

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun May 25 16:49:28 EDT 2008

Hello Guys,

After playing with RubySpec, found that our replacement (er, actually
followed _why ideas and I choose it) didn't stand a chance compared to
standard GNU Iconv, so back to square one for guys trying to play with

This project have a big issue compiling and building the GNU packages:
there is no good documentation, central place or web page to gather
all the resources required to compile all these packages without
investing *days* figuring out what to do with these broken source

Since rubyinstaller package is not backed by 7-Zip extracting
capabilities [1], I'll welcome anybody that can get the GNU packages
working (at least try it). Both Readline and Iconv are the first

I'll love to heard back from you guys, I'm working on the WiX stuff,
so we can have something to deliver that works for most of the users,
that includes those who use Iconv ;-)

[1] http://blog.mmediasys.com/2008/05/24/random-bits-and-experiments/