[Rubyinstaller-devel] Git experiment and Honor system

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun May 18 19:29:17 EDT 2008

Hello Guys,

To avoid the bike shed discussion on DVCS vs. VCS, I decided to move
forward and make real a Git experiment with the installer3 recipes.

Even that Bazaar is "superior" in some UI aspects (the command line,
the clarity of the options and the merge algorithms), Git became quite
popular lately, that includes the cool toy GitHub, so giving it a shot
was our oportunity to get more feedback.

Also, after interacting with the great comunity that got shaped around
Rubinius, it seems the Honor system build around it is worth also a
shot.

So: I'm giving space to anyone who provides a patch, looking to better
community integration for us, Windows users.

You can pay a visit to the RubyInstaller github page:

http://github.com/luislavena/rubyinstaller/

And get the public URL for git clone. Fork as you like, experiment
with it and bring the changes to make this project better.

I'll check my post-commits hooks to keep pushing the latest.zip file
into my server and also the svn repo at rubyforge.

I'm working right now in bring Gordon's changes that uses 7z instead
of bsdtar and then the WiX installer.

Regards and good night everybody!