[Rubyinstaller-devel] Collecting list of gems and projects

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:25:59 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld <gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luis,
>  I'm really glad to see this is gaining momentum.
>  As far as gems go, I think Hoe would be a good candidate to work on.
>  I tested it, and it has some problems.  I think all it needs is a fix
>  to the regex in a few places.  I'll take a closer look soon.  I was
>  able to compile, package and install the win32console gem into my
>  sandbox.  From some early tests, it seems to work just fine.  I don't
>  have time tonight, but if you're interested, I'll put some notes
>  together on what I did.

Hehehe, I was the responsible for the Hoe patches, so blame me :-P

I didn't listed Hoe or RubyInline (and ParseTree) --- yet :-)

>  I also have some questions about rake tasks, and maybe some ideas
>  about new ones.  I want to be able to clobber the sandbox, without
>  clobbering the downloads.  Is this currently possible?  If not, how
>  about splitting these into two tasks?  Something like this
>  (pseudocode):

yes: rake clean
that will "clean" your sandbox and let you be ready to extract,
prepare, configure and compile! ;-)

clobber will just wip your downloads folder :-D

>  Thanks,

No problem, is good to have "echo" to my messages :-D

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems