[Rubyinstaller-devel] Collecting list of gems and projects

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:17:41 EDT 2008

Luis,

I'm really glad to see this is gaining momentum.

As far as gems go, I think Hoe would be a good candidate to work on.
I tested it, and it has some problems.  I think all it needs is a fix
to the regex in a few places.  I'll take a closer look soon.  I was
able to compile, package and install the win32console gem into my
sandbox.  From some early tests, it seems to work just fine.  I don't
have time tonight, but if you're interested, I'll put some notes
together on what I did.

I also have some questions about rake tasks, and maybe some ideas
about new ones.  I want to be able to clobber the sandbox, without
clobbering the downloads.  Is this currently possible?  If not, how
about splitting these into two tasks?  Something like this
(pseudocode):

namespace(:clobber) do
  namespace(:sandbox) do
    #clobber sandbox
  end

  namespace(:downloads) do
    #clobber sandbox
  end

 end

 task :clobber   => ['clobber:sandbox', 'clobber:downloads']

Thanks,

Gordon