[Rubyinstaller-devel] Website redirect request

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:13:10 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Mat Schaffer <schapht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone considered turning http://rubyinstaller.sourceforge.net/
>  into a server side redirect to http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/ ?
>  I've seen a lot of people google for "ruby windows" and accidentally
>  end up confused and on rubyforge's home page after clicking that
>  rubyforge link.  If you change it to a 302 or meta redirect, google
>  should bump the search results down for the old sourceforge page.
>  It's still #1 from where I'm sitting:
>  http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+windows

Thank you Mat for the input.

I don't know if that is possible (need to be admin also on SF and
request SF team to do it), but the page clearly states that the
project has been moved to rubyforge:

"Ruby Installer For Windows
The Ruby Installer for Windows project has moved to RubyForge.

Please go to here."

I don't see a lot of confusion when visiting the wiki page.

In any case, a website is in the works, but still need a talented
markup wizard ;-)

Thank you and have a nice week.
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
A common mistake that people make when trying to design
something completely foolproof is to underestimate
the ingenuity of complete fools.