[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby 1.86. p230 and RubyGems 1.2.0

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:35:16 EDT 2008

With the recent announcement of Ruby 1.8.6 patchlevel 230[1] and the
upcoming RubyGems 1.2.0[2] release, I've worked some on updating
installer3.  The changes are in my github repo[3]

Below are a list of issues that I have.  I'd like some feedback from
anyone out there that's paying attention ;-D  Any ways to improve what
I'm doing?  Anything I'm missing?

Iconv issue

	Which package do we need to switch to?
Wix issues

	Need to write paraffin tasks

		The steps Luis used to generate the wxs frgaments are documented in
the comments of wix.rake.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

	Paraffin updates, but `rake package` fails

		I can update the .wxs files using the steps Luis laid out, but wix
errors out when it's run.  Not sure what's going on here. light.exe is
throwing some odd errors [4].

 	Need a gui

		Once wxs fragments issue gets straightened out, we still need to
build a gui for the installer

Mingw, Msys issues

	Needs wxs files generated
 	Need a task to add batch files to %rubypath%\bin
		make.bat, gcc.bat, sh.bat
[1]  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/eaa4ab03127fd4b9#
[2]  http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rubygems-developers/2008-June/003892.html
[3]  http://github.com/vertiginous/rubyinstaller