[Rubyinstaller-devel] mingw openssl test failure

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:41:55 EDT 2008

Probably could use a 'readme' in there on how to set it up :) [like
you need to add it to the path, then run the tests, and you need to
merge the rubygems directory into the main to use gems].

I think what would be nice would be to have a package that includes
the devkit.
Maybe call it win32 power bundle or something, so that people can
build things like mongrel, on the fly, if they want to.  Then it could
include those nice .cmd's for gcc and make or what not.  You might
have to warn people that it will be using those instead of their
cygwin versions, but power users won't mind that.  Ideally, you'd want
it to be able to use the mingw versions whenever you are running a gem
command, hence my suggesting that you bundle gems with
gem_with_mingw_path.cmd # sets up the paths right for compilation

Could also offer the 'normal' OCI for mingw, too.