[Rubyinstaller-devel] mingw openssl test failure

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:47:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> if you get time, could I get a copy of the build that results in 'only a
> few' errors
> as you mentioned, and outputs its errors here
>
> http://dump.mmediasys.com/installer3/
> ?

http://dump.mmediasys.com/installer3/ruby-1.8.6-p114-i386-mingw32-2.txt

What I needed to do was merge both ruby_mingw and rubygems_mingw since
was splitted for MSI setup creation.

> I wonder if it differs from mine somehow.
> Did it have openssl installed and run those tests, too?

I used the the same version of ruby I'm distributing to test, and
actually the tests run on top of this version and not the installed
one.
(dunno if that's clear, let me rephrase: tests uses the sandbox ruby
version, not the one you used to build the sandbox).

If test are failing that means something hacked your PATH because the
test add the sandboxed ruby _before_ anything else, so if there is an
openssl dll, will find it there first.