[Rubyinstaller-devel] my old gripe :)

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:53:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld <gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Roger Pack
> <roger.pack at leadmediapartners.com> wrote:
>> I'm slightly confused as to how to use gems with the latest git mingw installer.
>> I'd think that I should be able to run
>> c:\dev\latest\rubyinstaller\sandbox>  rubygems_mingw\bin\gem.bat list

I also meant to say that up until the recent split of ruby_mingw and
rubygems_mingw folders, I was testing by just changing my path env
variable.  I have a batch script that removes the installed ruby and
adds the sandbox ruby to path.  This only effects the current command
session, so no harm done.  And, you can just type:

>gem list

and it will use the sandbox ruby.