[Rubyinstaller-devel] Trying to compile sqlite3

Fabio Akita fabioakita at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 15:37:03 EDT 2008

Hi, Luis I am re-copying the question I sent you here in the list.

I've built the most current One-Click installer and it worked great. I
installed the devkit version and I am now trying to install the
sqlite3-ruby gem.

C:\>gem install sqlite3-ruby -- --with-sqlite3-dir=c:/src/sqlite-source-3_6_0
ERROR:  Error installing sqlite3-ruby:

c:/ruby18/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby --
checking for fdatasync() in -lrt... no
checking for sqlite3.h... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:

Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby18/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for inspection.
Results logged to

I've downloaded the sqlite3 sources from:

Am I missing something?

Fabio Akita (www.akitaonrails.com)
Ruby on Rails Product Manager
Locaweb - Keep IT Simple.