[Rubyinstaller-devel] Use openssl 0.9.8e in the next version?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:35:30 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Zakaria <z4k4ri4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry I did not get back to you immediately.
> Real-Life(tm) take me and make me forget about this question.

I know about that :-P

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Zakaria <z4k4ri4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>
>>> I'm testing your RC1 and using it for rails 2.1 and postgresql.
>>> It turnout your libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll conflict with
>>> PostgreSQL 8.3.1 version of the same dll (0.9.8.4 vs 0.9.8.5).
>
>>> Could you upgrade the next version to use OpenSSL 0.9.8e like PostgreSQL?
>
>> We can try, but I found problems between the openssl extension bundled
>> with the Ruby version we are using and newer OpenSSL releases.
>
>> Did you tried replacing those files for the newer ones?
>
>> Just rename the ones in Ruby/bin to .old or something and copy over
>> the ones from PostgreSQL
>
> Yes, I try and it seem all right.
> Is there any test script that I can try to verified that my ruby
> openssl is not affected?

Hmn, not that I'm aware of, you could try installing mongrel gem which
are signed:

gem install mongrel -P HighSecurity

That uses OpenSSL to verify the signed gem

> BTW, what is your plan for OCI? When can we expect another RC?

So far seems there wasn't new errors with current installer. So I'll
work on marking that release as Final and do the announce in
RubyForge.

I'll love to focus in the new installer to be able to deliver both
1.8.6 and 1.9.1 by Christmas (or a bit after) :-D