[Rubyinstaller-devel] Use openssl 0.9.8e in the next version?

Zakaria z4k4ri4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:27:02 EST 2008

I'm sorry I did not get back to you immediately.
Real-Life(tm) take me and make me forget about this question.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Zakaria <z4k4ri4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> I'm testing your RC1 and using it for rails 2.1 and postgresql.
>> It turnout your libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll conflict with
>> PostgreSQL 8.3.1 version of the same dll ( vs

>> Could you upgrade the next version to use OpenSSL 0.9.8e like PostgreSQL?

> We can try, but I found problems between the openssl extension bundled
> with the Ruby version we are using and newer OpenSSL releases.

> Did you tried replacing those files for the newer ones?

> Just rename the ones in Ruby/bin to .old or something and copy over
> the ones from PostgreSQL

Yes, I try and it seem all right.
Is there any test script that I can try to verified that my ruby
openssl is not affected?
BTW, what is your plan for OCI? When can we expect another RC?

> --
> Luis Lavena
> AREA 17

-- Zakaria