[Rubyinstaller-devel] Migrate to GCC as soon as possible?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:07:35 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've heard some nice things about the nsys (nullsoft?) packager,
> though I've never used it.

Current One-Click Installer is built with NSIS.

If you take a look to the build scripts:

http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/installer-win2/NSIS/

IMHO I guess those comments came from people that feels comfortable
with non-structured and primitive scripting functionality.

One of the problems with current installer is that wipe out everything
during uninstall. That's because it lacks a manifest of installed
files to only remove those.

InnoSetup is more intelligent in that front, but I need to explore a bit more.