[Rubyinstaller-devel] RFC: Version Control for new Installer?

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido gerardo.santana at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:59:29 EDT 2008

I'm a recent converted from CVS to Git, and find it very nice.

One of its advantages is precisely what Luis mentions, to have the
ability to create local experimental branches without impacting the
main repository, and cherry-picking what you want.

github.com helps open source projects to get even more exposure which
is a good thing, getting attention and potentially getting more
contributions back. Nothing that I can scientifically prove though.

AFAIK, there's a Git version for MSYS. According to my logic book,
since installer3 will run on MSYS, it doesn't feel wrong to use
msysgit, which is already used in production environments (according
to its Wikipedia entry).

And more importantly, I don't like SVN and its long list of dependencies :-)

That's my biased opinion, for whatever it's worth.

--
Gerardo Santana