[Rubyinstaller-devel] RFC: Version Control for new Installer?

Will Green will at hotgazpacho.org
Wed Apr 23 08:01:59 EDT 2008

SVN has the lowest barrier to entry for Win32 developers (Collabnet's
SVN installer for Windows, TortoiseSVN).

To the best of knowledge, all the other tools (bzr, git, etc) do not
have a stable, native win32 client. That is, they all require an
existing Cygwin or MinGW install.

The other benefit of SVN is that if folks want to use git, git-svn can
push their changes back to the SVN repo.

Given that this is a Win32 project for Win32 developers, my vote is for SVN.

==
Will Green