[Rubyinstaller-devel] RFC: Version Control for new Installer?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 01:36:39 EDT 2008

Hello fellow developers,

It seems I neglected to push or decide what to do regarding the code
being developed for what I call it 'installer3' MinGW build.

So far, the idea was push these changes back into svn, which will
lower the entry point for others developers wanting to contribute back
to it.

Since 'git' is the new cool toy, I wondered a lot of Installer3 should
also move to it, even when Git support is not 100% what I will love to

Or, instead, I was thinking also move the repo from my host to
launchpad, which will raise some critics about using closed-source
software to host an open source project (github is closed source

What do you guys think will be best? I'm open to suggestions.

What I love of the dvcs workflow is that I can keep local branches to
foster experimentation and try new things before I merge them back
cherry pick stuff from them.

Thank you for your time guys, feel free to comment.
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems