[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby MinGW on Vista

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 13:25:45 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Let me try running from the source file, since I was using checkout
>  mode (rake CHECKOUT=1) to workaround a series of bugs related to
>  Readline and pooling (eat your cpu) and rubygems too.
>  Updating the recipes for RubyGems 1.1.1 and trying again right now :-)

Ok, it worked in this end. even with the included configure script
generated in 2.61, it works. (openssl get build, zlib too).

So I guess is related to Vista now.

Can you try the "rake CHECKOUT=1" build instead (you need to have
subversion on the path) and send me your results?

Based on that I'll know how to deal with this issue.

Please apologize all the inconveniences and my request of testing :-)

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems