[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby MinGW on Vista

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:21:12 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM, David Leal <dgleal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Based on the files, it appears you updated the autoconf package (from
>  >  2.59 to 2.61). That is correct?
>  >
>  >  "generated by GNU Autoconf 2.61."
>
>  If you look at the ruby-1.8.6-p114.tar.gz, the configure file inside
>  already says generated by autoconf 2.61, so I think the problem lies
>  there.

Let me try running from the source file, since I was using checkout
mode (rake CHECKOUT=1) to workaround a series of bugs related to
Readline and pooling (eat your cpu) and rubygems too.

Updating the recipes for RubyGems 1.1.1 and trying again right now :-)

>  Anyway, I cleared my PATH, only leaving c:\Windows,
>  c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\System32\Wbem. It still says that
>  the files were generated by autoconf 2.61. The msys autoconf is
>  version 2.59.

It seems the problems lies in the values generated by autoconf 2.61
compared to the ones form 2.59. Since I was running form source, been
always generating the configure script with autoconf, so didn't found
that until you exposed it.

(which is good, give me enough arguments to scream at ruby-core list) :-)

>  Deleting configure, running autoconf and then running rake configure
>  doesn't help. I'm thinking that there's something else I should do,
>  but I don't know what.
>
>  What do you think, Luis?

Working on it, will post a followup in a few minutes.
Multimedia systems