[Rubyinstaller-devel] compiling OpenSSL

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 20:18:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld <gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  That segfault came from your OpenSSL change, or that is generated by
>  >  "out of the box" recipes?
>  >
>  With the "out of the box" recipes.  I haven't actually gotten OpenSSL
>  to compile yet ;)

Hehehe, ok, then it seems something smells fishy down there...

Can you use Dependency Walker on top of the openssl.so file? it will
try to resolve to msvcrt-ruby18.dll, libeay32.dll and libssl32.dll.

Please take note the path where these files resolves to, it seems
openssl.so, even is linked correctly at build time, at runtime it's
resolving the location of one of these dependencies wrong.

> >  If OpenSSL cannot be extracted using simple tar, then bsdtar is not
>  >  enough or openssl packages are corrupt somehow.
>  7zip can open them ok, and Winzip too.  I was thinking about writing a
>  new extract method using 7zip (7z.exe), but that would be a dependency
>  (required to be installed and required to be in path).  I guess before
>  I even think about that, I should worry about getting OpenSSL
>  compiled, and working ;)

Maybe we can get a 7zip command line version package somewhere, as
long is .zip file (enough to bootstrap it with rubyzip).

Thank you for your time, I'll try to see what I can do for this later tonight.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems