[Rubyinstaller-devel] compiling OpenSSL

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 20:12:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:

>  That segfault came from your OpenSSL change, or that is generated by
>  "out of the box" recipes?

With the "out of the box" recipes.  I haven't actually gotten OpenSSL
to compile yet ;)

>  Can you provide information about your Windows installation?
>  (XP/Vista, home, ultimate, service pack level, etc).

Win XP Pro SP2

>  Also will be helpful know your PATH environment variable:
>
>  ECHO %PATH% (or SET PATH without params)

C:\ruby\repo\oci>path
PATH=c:\wix;c:\ruby\ruby186\bin;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows\system;C:\Program
Files\Subversion\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program
Files\Bazaar;C:\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program
Files\Putty;c:\bin\console2

I also tried putting ruby_mingw\bin folder to the front of the path,
and that didn't help.

>  Ok, no doubt bsdtar cannot handle latest openssl packages. I'm
>  checking right now what version can and cannot be unpacked:

>  If OpenSSL cannot be extracted using simple tar, then bsdtar is not
>  enough or openssl packages are corrupt somehow.

7zip can open them ok, and Winzip too.  I was thinking about writing a
new extract method using 7zip (7z.exe), but that would be a dependency
(required to be installed and required to be in path).  I guess before
I even think about that, I should worry about getting OpenSSL
compiled, and working ;)

Thanks,

Gordon