[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby MinGW on Vista

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:06:16 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 6:49 AM, David Leal <dgleal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>  here's my path:
>  C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
>  Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE;C:\Program
>  Files\Git\cmd;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
>  Files\Bazaar;C:\Program
>  Files\Subversion\bin;c:\Utils\jruby-1.1\bin;C:\Program
>  Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\bin;C:\Program
>  Files\Mercurial;c:\utils\ruby\bin
>  I'm building this on c:\Users\David\Development\ruby-installer

Wow, too weird... I can say is the first time I see something like this :-)

Just for the sake of testing, can you move c:\utils\ruby\bin on top of the path?

SET PATH=c:\utils\ruby\bin;%PATH%

I know that sounds stupid (not silly), but what to exhaust all these
issues before restore my notebook vista and give a whirl in there :-P

>  I tried to do this using jruby (jruby -S rake ...) but the result is
>  the same. I also found out that the problem is not only with zlib.
>  Openssl doesn't build also, neither does readline, and I'm pretty sure
>  that every extension that depends on an external lib has this problem.
>  rbconfig is generated with the LIBPATHFLAGS option set to "-L\"%s\"",
>  but I can't figure out where that is coming from.

That is taken from the generated config.h file in ruby_build

Just run configure step by its own and peek what ended in there (of
course, on a clean sandbox and after extract and prepare).

>  Cheers,

Thank you David, I'll see what can do to workaround this the weekend.
Sorry the inconvenience.

In the meantime you can grab a pre-build package from my dump server:

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems