[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby MinGW on Vista

David Leal dgleal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:49:08 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

here's my path:

C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE;C:\Program
Files\Git\cmd;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files\Bazaar;C:\Program
Files\Subversion\bin;c:\Utils\jruby-1.1\bin;C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\bin;C:\Program
Files\Mercurial;c:\utils\ruby\bin

I'm building this on c:\Users\David\Development\ruby-installer

I tried to do this using jruby (jruby -S rake ...) but the result is
the same. I also found out that the problem is not only with zlib.
Openssl doesn't build also, neither does readline, and I'm pretty sure
that every extension that depends on an external lib has this problem.
rbconfig is generated with the LIBPATHFLAGS option set to "-L\"%s\"",
but I can't figure out where that is coming from.

Cheers,

David