[Rubyinstaller-devel] Ruby MinGW on Vista

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:11:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM, David Leal <dgleal at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Ok, I recompiled everything and got the same thing. There is a
>  mkmf.log, which I'm pasting below. I hope it helps.
>
>  have_library: checking for deflateReset() in -lz... -------------------- no
>
>  "gcc -o conftest -I../.. -I../../../ruby_1_8
>  -I../../../ruby_1_8/ext/zlib  -g -O2  conftest.c  -L"." -L"../.." -L.
>     -lmsvcrt-ruby18-static -lz  -lws2_32  "
>  conftest.c: In function `t':
>  conftest.c:6: error: `deflateReset' undeclared (first use in this function)
>  conftest.c:6: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>  conftest.c:6: error: for each function it appears in.)
>  checked program was:
>  /* begin */
>  1: #include <windows.h>
>  2: #include <winsock.h>
>  3:
>  4: /*top*/
>  5: int main() { return 0; }
>  6: int t() { void ((*volatile p)()); p = (void ((*)()))deflateReset; return 0; }
>  /* end */

I only can point one difference between the build process in XP
compared to Vista and is the library lookup paths passed into ld:

versus the one I got:

that is naive, but is the only difference I spot and is significant.

Can you share with me the PATH and drive where you extracted the recipes?

I'm just curious why it is quoting library (lib) lookup paths.

Please let me know about this or contact me via gtalk so we can
workout a solution.
Multimedia systems