[Rubyinstaller-devel] Building off a more recent 1.8.6 source code base?

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:46:23 EDT 2007

I am currently working on Release 26 which uses Ruby p110. I could use some
help, as my available time is limited, if you wanted to pitch in. I'm
actually pretty close to finished except that I'm having trouble getting the
Ruby ODBC to compile.

If you checkout the installer from RubyForge (instructions are here:
http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=167), the complete build instructions are
in the ReadMe.html file (you want to check out from
"/trunk/installer-win2"), but you have to use either VC++ 6.0 SP5 or MinGW
(newer versions of VC++ have binary compatibility problems).