[Rubyinstaller-devel] Mac OS installer

Mark Hubbart discordantus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:55:08 EDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Mark Hubbart <discordantus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll let you know when I have something.

The first preview release is posted. You can get it here:
http://homepage.mac.com/discord/Ruby/RubyFramework.pkg.zip

I'll work on some sort of an uninstaller later. For now, refer to the
readme (http://homepage.mac.com/discord/Ruby/FrameworkREADME.rtf) for
information on how this installer backs up Apple's installation.

The general uninstall process would be (shell commands follow):
- configrb -r /usr'
- sudo ruby_orig -e'Dir["/usr/bin/*_orig"].each{|fn|File.rename fn,

...followed by dragging Ruby.framework and Readline.framework to the
trash from /Library/FRameworks, then doing the same to /Library/Ruby.

cheers,
Mark