[Rubyinstaller-devel] Steve?

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Tue Apr 26 17:22:49 EDT 2005

Mark Hubbart wrote:
> Hi,
> First off, I've been unable to contact Steve Steiner for a couple
> weeks... You there Steve?

 From my last contact with Steve, he hasn't had any free time for any of
this for quite a while. But he wanted to be kept posted in case his
situation changed.

So... you're the man, Mark!

> I think I've made some serious progress on the framework code. If I
> can continue putting in the same amount of time for a while longer, I
> should be able to get a nice alpha preview release set up. I still
> haven't worked out some rubygems incompatibilities, but I'm hoping a
> preview release will help with that.

The RubyGems guys are mostly OSX developers, so I'm sure we could get
some help from them. Plus they would *love* to see an OSX installer and
would really be motivated to help iron out the incompatibilities.

Let me know if/when you're ready to bring them in and I can help get
everyone connected and working together.

> Also, I contacted the original author of the framework code. He is no
> longer working on it, and said he'd be glad for someone to take over
> as maintainer.

I'm really excited about getting an OSX installer out there!

Have you checked anything in to the cvs repository, yet? It would be
good to do that if you don't anticipate any major changes in you
directory structure. Just check it in under the "installer-osx"
directory that I already created in cvs.

Once your ready to release the first test version, all we'll need to do
is a final check-in and then tag the repository.

If you are able to continue your current pace, when do you think we'd be
able to put out a preview?