[Rubyinstaller-devel] I just checked in a few changes

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Mon Mar 29 22:45:59 EST 2004


I just check in a few changes that I have detailed below. But I wanted to
mention upfront that I renamed the README file to ReadMe.txt -- its just too
annoying under windows to edit files without extensions!

I also created a ChangeLog.txt file in base level directory (alongside the
ReadMe.txt file). My reason for this is detailed in my change-log entry for
this checking, which I have pasted below.

Curt

2004-03-29 22:34  curt

* I created the file ...\installer\ChangeLog.txt (this file) to log
  all changes made to the Ruby Installer. Many of these changes are
  relevant only to those of us who are working on the installer.

  Changes the are relevant to the end-user of the Ruby Installer
  should be copied to ...\installer\stable\ReleaseNotes notice that
  there is *no* ".txt" extension). The content of this file is copied
  to ReleaseNotes.txt during the build.

* You can now specify a proxy server to be used for the downloads by
  setting the environment variable "http_proxy", like this:
     set http_proxy=http://myproxy:8080/

* You skip building the RI Database by setting this environment variable:
     set build_ri=false
  Buiding the RI Database is very time consuming, and temporarily disabling
  this can be used to speed up the edit-build-debug cycle.

* I renamed the README file to ReadMe.txt for make it easier to edit
  this file on windows (this *is* a windows installer, you know!  :-)



More information about the Rubyinstaller-devel mailing list