[Rubyinstaller-devel] RubyGems Support

Andrew Hunt andy at toolshed.com
Mon Mar 15 19:48:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 14:29, Curt Hibbs wrote:

> Yes I was, but I want to give a little bit of thought to whether it would
> make any sense use standard Windows MSI files.

I tried that route at first, using InstallShield.  It was a nightmare,
and ended up blowing one of my boxes out of the water completely -- I
had to reinstall Windows from scratch.

One problem I see with MSI files is that on Win95/98 or NT you have to
then go install the MSI installer from MS (it only comes standard on the
newer OS's).

/\