[Rubyinstaller-devel] XMLParser and Cygwin

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Fri Mar 12 08:14:45 EST 2004

Not having cygwin installed has had its first benefit.  It turns out the
extconf.rb for XMLParser is only setup to generate linux makefiles, which
will only build XMLParser if cygwin is installed and on the path.

This may have been partially responsible for the cygwin pathing anomoly that
I discovered in our 181-11 release.

I modified XMLParser's extconf.rb to generate a vc++ compatible makefile. As
soon as I make it completely through the build process with my new,
cygwin-free development environment, I will go back and modify builder.rb to
automatically make these changes to XMLParser's extconf.rb.