[Rubyinstaller-devel] How are we doing?

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Sat Feb 21 10:18:18 EST 2004

Shashank Date wrote:

> I am working on the bug submitted by Dan Berger about rb_sys_fail()
> function. I did not know that I could assign these items to
> myself (since I
> was not in the admin list). But I tried and it worked. So I now
> have two bug
> reports and 3 feature requests assigned to me.
>
> As to my progress, it is very very slow. Hope to work on it this week-end
> and catch up.

Great!

So, this obviously means that you've successfully built the installer. I'm
keeping a fairly detailed list of the things I had to do to get the
rubyinstaller to build, because one of the things I want to do is to write a
detailed readme for the build that lists all of the non-automated
prerequisite steps, and then cleanup the build process itself to make it
more robust.

If you kept track of what you had to do get a working build, please send me
your notes, and I will incorporate them as well.

Thanks,
Curt