[Rubyinstaller-devel] Re: [Wxruby-users] RE: wxRuby

Stephen Steiner ssteiner at mac.com
Mon Aug 16 23:34:31 EDT 2004

Nick,

Yes, I've actually installed 1.8 over the default installation (in
/usr/lib and /usr/bin) on my machine and I'm sure that won't help
matters at all.

Do you query the path of the ruby interpreter that's actually
performing the install?  That might help get it in the right tree, at
least.

No wonder I'm leery of making a binary distribution!

Steve

On Aug 16, 2004, at 11:18 PM, Nick wrote:

> The OS X installer was made to work with the default OS X ruby
> installation at /usr/lib/ruby, so if you're using ruby 1.8 it probably
> isn't in your installation directory.
>
> Nick
>

> Curt Hibbs wrote:
>
>> STEVE: Yes, wxRuby is being used on OS X. The wxRuby-user's ML is the
>> best
>> place to go for help. I'll cross post this and any responses if you
>> don't
>> want to subscribe.
>>
>> WXRUBY-USERS: Steve is the guy who is working on the One-Click Ruby
>> Installer for OS X. Can anyone spot what his problem is here?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Curt
>>

>> Stephen Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried installing wxruby from the 0.4.0 panther .dmg file and am
>>> having no success at all.
>>>
>>> I installed the package and trying any of the samples gives me the
>>> same
>>> thing:
>>>
>>> ./calendar.rb:1:in `require': No such file to load -- wxruby
>>> (LoadError)
>>>         from ./calendar.rb:1
>>>
>>> I downloaded the source .tgz, ran ./configure (which didn't have
>>> execute permission and so, had to be tweaked) and the build got about
>>> this far:
>>>
>>> /Volumes/BigMacStriper/Users/ssteiner/Documents/Downloads/wxruby
>>> -0.4.0-
>>> src/src->make
>>> g++ -fno-common -g -O2 -pipe -fno-common `wx-config --cxxflags`
>>> -I.
>>> -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin7.5.0
>>> -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin7.5.0 -I.   -x objective-c++  -c
>>> wx.cpp
>>> wx.cpp: In function `void Init_wxruby()':
>>> wx.cpp:149: error: call of overloaded `wxEntryStart(int&, char**)' is