[Rubyibm-developers] Questions about IBM_DB for InfoQ

Mirko Stocker me at misto.ch
Thu Aug 28 15:06:32 EDT 2008

I'm writing a news item about non blocking database adapters for InfoQ
www.infoq.com, and I was hoping that someone from the IBM_DB team could answer
a few short question.

Disclaimer: I'll use your answers in part or full on the InfoQ article -
if you don't want to be quoted in verbatim about something, please say so.

 - Neverblock [1] recently added support for asynchronous calls to Postgres
and MySQL. Now I was wondering if there are similar efforts going on for the
IBM_DB adapter?
- I guess that asynchronous calls might be important for the upcoming
(threadsafe) Rails 2.2 release, any opinion on that?

Thanks in advance

Mirko Stocker

[1] http://www.espace.com.eg/neverblock/blog