[grammarians] Comparison to RubyFront grammar

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Tue Oct 24 20:13:42 EDT 2006

Tom Copeland wrote:
> Xue has a good blog entry on this here:
>
> http://seclib.blogspot.com/2005/11/more-on-leftshift-and-heredoc.html
>
> It turns out to be a whitespace thing.
>
> I'm occasionally fiddling with a JavaCC Ruby grammar and have had fun
> time sorting through this and also the various %w{} sorts of things...
> good times.

I think we can all agree we're working toward the same goals here, so
perhaps it makes sense to merge all efforts under the RubyGrammar
project? I'm no grammarian, but I am very interested in seeing this
effort succeed. I hate parse.y. I hate JRuby's DefaultRubyParser.y. It's
time for a better option. Let's put our backs into it and finally solve
the great parser question.

Xue, would you be willing to merge the RubyFront parser in its current
form into this project, for the good of all mankind?

--
Charles Oliver Nutter, JRuby Core Developer
headius at headius.com -- charles.nutter at sun.com
Blogging at headius.blogspot.com