Initial TUF integration with RubyGems

Tony Arcieri bascule at
Wed Nov 20 19:04:59 UTC 2013

Hi there! The team here at Square has some code for you to look at if you'd
like to perform some initial review.

We're committing to the "tuf" branch on the Square fork of RubyGems and

So far the server contains the main code spike, including the code
necessary to generate TUF metadata and download and verify a gem.

You can find the client here:

We'll be moving this code into the RubyGems client, which is a bit tricky
as we can only depend on the standard library and still need to work on
ancient versions of Ruby that don't even ship a JSON parser.

Tony Arcieri