requirements for native gems not free text?

Gary Weaver garysweaver at
Wed Jan 30 17:42:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Gary Weaver <garysweaver at> wrote:

> Do you know (so- not for c compilation/not in extconf.rb, but just
> something you could call to get a list of loaded libraries).

(note: otool mentioned before is specific to xcode/xcode cmd line utils.)

Answering my own question- requires shelling out, but for OS X:

s.length > 0 && s[0] != '/'}

lists all the dylibs, bundles, ruby's exe.

And in linux:

`pmap #{}`.scan(/"([^"]+)"|(\S+)/).flatten.compact.delete_if{|s|
s.length > 0 && s[0] != '/'}

In Windows I think need to use listdlls available at:
which maybe could be packaged in the gem. Have not tried it, but I think it
lists for the current process, so could list for ruby?

Anyway, I'll shut up now.