requirements for native gems not free text?

Jordi Massaguer Pla jmassaguerpla at suse.de
Mon Jan 28 11:22:37 UTC 2013

Quoting Evan Phoenix <evan at phx.io>:

> See below.
>
> --
> Evan Phoenix // evan at phx.io
>

> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:
>
>> Does this mean we could have something like:
>>
>> metadata["linux_requirements"] = ["libMagick.so >= 6.6.2"]
> Yes, that's correct.
>>
>> where can I find more information on the metadata?
>
> We haven't written many docs on it yet, but here is some:
> https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/blob/master/lib/rubygems/specification.rb#L23-L35

That looks very interesting. I was thinking thought that what would
make life easier is that everyone was using the same "key". Like
"linux_requirements" for example.

Do you think that there could be some recomendations on which key to
use for that purpose? I would not mind sending PR to every native gem
I use, but I do not know which key to use.