Failures/Errors against master

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Thu Nov 29 21:38:41 UTC 2012

On Nov 27, 2012, at 8:35 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Before master gets added to Ruby 2.0, I think need help taking a look to this:
>
> https://gist.github.com/4159029
>
> I'll really appreciate some feedback (if possible) on the errors shown
> above. I remember trying to solve those without luck due lack of
> understanding of some of the tests intentions.

1) is due to get_all_gem_names_and_versions splitting on ':'. C:/ confuses it, we should add a check.

2) and 3) seem to be due to a gem that is not a tar file, but I'm unsure how.  Perhaps it's the wrong path?  Adding p gem in Gem::Package#initialize would be helpful.

4) Gem::Installer#check_executable_overwrite looks for a generated bin file and checks it for /This file was generated by RubyGems/ for you.  That is not being found for you

5) It seems that the TTY check is returning true in Gem::StreamUI#ask_yes_no when it should be false

It's ok if we don't get these fixed for preview2, there is still time for further fixes before code freeze.