PBI: add a tags field to the RubyGems metadata

Evan Phoenix evan at phx.io
Tue Mar 6 17:17:46 UTC 2012

The new metadata is freeform, so you're welcome to stake a claim to a key and put your tag data there. In which case, you'd then need a tool that can read the tags. That could just be a rubygems plugin. If it takes off, we can discuss rolling the functionality directly into rubygems itself.

This is the path that gemcutter's functionality took and it worked quite well.

 - Evan

Evan Phoenix // evan at phx.io