Dealing with JRuby and jars

Luis Lavena luislavena at
Thu Jan 12 18:56:13 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Evan Phoenix <evan at> wrote:
> I feel like the crux of the request, removing the dependency name check on push, has gotten lost in the discussion.

You are right, I completely missed that point, my bad.

> Given that it currently doesn't provide a true safeguard that the gem's deps are actually satisfied by gems currently on, I think we should go ahead and simply remove the check all together.

Couldn't find where that check is applied but if that means solving
the issue for JRuby and not breaking anything else then go ahead :-)

> If users create gems that have unresolvable deps (something they can easily do now) thats on them to do. We don't have a reason to police this aspect of gem availability.

People will do stupid stuff no matter what you put to block, limit or
safeguard them.

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry