Dealing with JRuby and jars

Evan Phoenix evan at phx.io
Thu Jan 12 13:46:42 EST 2012

I feel like the crux of the request, removing the dependency name check on push, has gotten lost in the discussion.

Given that it currently doesn't provide a true safeguard that the gem's deps are actually satisfied by gems currently on rubygems.org, I think we should go ahead and simply remove the check all together.

If users create gems that have unresolvable deps (something they can easily do now) thats on them to do. We don't have a reason to police this aspect of gem availability.

Any thoughts?

Evan Phoenix // evan at phx.io