Dealing with JRuby and jars

Hugh Sasse hgs at
Mon Jan 9 16:01:07 EST 2012

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Luis Lavena wrote:
> Forgot to mention, in current implementation, dependencies are not
> resolved across sources, so gems in will not find gems in
> (or whatever)

That raises an interesting question.  I don't want to prematurely optimize,
but if the servers get to ask any servers, how do we avoid this becoming
an implementation of "Happy Families"?
", do you have mr_bun_the_baker.jar?"
"Sorry, not at home."
", do you have mr_bun_the_baker.jar?"
It works as a game because it doesn't scale.
Would we need hints about where to look?

This feels like a problem that must have been solved before, but I
don't know how to classify it to search...