[ANN] rubygems-update 1.8.17 Released
evan at phx.io
Fri Feb 17 13:52:28 EST 2012
rubygems-update version 1.8.17 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or `ri Gem`)
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
See UPGRADING.rdoc for more details and alternative instructions.
If you don't have RubyGems installed, your can still do it manually:
* Download from: https://rubygems.org/pages/download
* Unpack into a directory and cd there
* Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
### 1.8.17 / 2012-02-17
* 2 minor enhancements:
* Add MacRuby to the list of special cases for platforms (ferrous26)
* Add a default for where to install rubygems itself
* 3 bug fixes:
* Fixed gem loading issue caused by dependencies not resolving.
* Fixed umask error when stdlib is required and unresolved dependencies exist.
* Shebang munging would only take one arg after the cmd
* Define SUCKAGE better, ie only MRI 1.9.2
* Propagate env-shebang to the pristine command if set for install.
Evan Phoenix // evan at phx.io
More information about the RubyGems-Developers