[ANN] rubygems-update 1.8.16 Released
evan at phx.io
Fri Feb 10 18:31:14 EST 2012
rubygems-update version 1.8.16 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or `ri Gem`)
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
See UPGRADING.rdoc for more details and alternative instructions.
If you don't have RubyGems installed, your can still do it manually:
* Download from: https://rubygems.org/pages/download
* Unpack into a directory and cd there
* Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
### 1.8.16 / 2012-02-12
* 3 bug fixes:
* Fix gem specification loading when encoding is not UTF-8. #146
* Allow group writable if umask allows it already.
* Uniquify the spec list based on directory order priority
Evan Phoenix // evan at phx.io
More information about the RubyGems-Developers