Make license/licenses field mandatory

Pavol Rusnak prusnak at opensuse.org
Wed Oct 19 15:09:42 EDT 2011

On 19/10/11 20:05, Eric Hodel wrote:
> RubyGems cannot stop authors from picking a license of their choice.

I know. That's why I wrote it as an appeal to rubygem authors, not as an
enforcement policy.

>> Some examples:
>>  - Public domain is not valid outside US
>
> Then if you want to use such software you'll need to make arrangements with the original author, it's not up to RubyGems to mediate.

Again, see above.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team                            Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144                                         19000 Praha 9
prusnak[at]opensuse.org                               Czech Republic