Make license/licenses field mandatory

Ryan Davis ryand-ruby at
Fri Oct 14 17:28:20 EDT 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 06:54 , Pavol Rusnak wrote:

> I'd like to propose making license/licenses field mandatory.

I'm not opposed to adding a package-time warning if the license field is not filled out but making it mandatory right off the bat is a mistake that I'm not willing to make at this time. In the future we can tighten the belt and make the field mandatory.

As for all the other suggestions saying there needs to be enforcement at multiple levels, absolutely not. This is out of scope for the OP's proposal and out of scope for what we're trying to do at this time.