No external deps on Rubygems.org?

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Thu Oct 13 23:11:30 EDT 2011

Perhaps someone can describe to me how metadata or requirements could
be used to fulfill this requirement...I'm not sure I understand. The
current setup, with Maven artifacts transparently and "magically"
available as gems seems like the ideal situation:

* No duplication of every Maven artifact on rubygems.org
* No conflicting gem versions from different users pushing their own
copy of jars-in-gems

If there's a simple way to handle this with metadata or requirements,
I would love to hear it!

- Charlie